Genesis Series App Resource
September 13, 2016
Genesis isn’t just the first book of the Bible — it is foundational to who we are and everything we believe as followers of Christ. For years we have looked forward to studying through this great book as a local church. And on Sunday, September 18, that dream will become a reality as we embark on this journey together. As we prepare for the launch of this new series, we want to briefly share about a few new resources that will help us in this endeavor.
The Genesis App
Part of the excitement behind this series comes from the development of a new resource for our church family, the Summit Crossing Genesis Guide.
The Genesis Guide is a new app for Apple iOS and Android devices, specifically built for our study through the book of Genesis. It is the fruit of countless hours of work from over 20 men and women throughout our two church locations. Here are a few features of this new resource:
- New and Improved Discussion Guides* – More than 15 people contributed to the writing of these new discussion guides! With rich commentary on the text and several questions for community engagement, these new guides will be a foundational tool in our study.
- Biblical Text – Find the biblical text right there in the app. You can read or even listen to the passages! There is a Community Bible Reader plan too.
- Social Media Integration – Experience the conversation surrounding the series throughout social media. Posts containing the official series tag, #sc3genesis, will be aggregated from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram right into the app. See what others are saying and then join in yourself.
- Sermon Media – Miss a message? Want to hear the teaching from the other church location? You can find it all in the app.
- And Much More! – One of the advantages of building an app is the flexibility it provides in the days to come. Since this is a long series, we hope to fine tune and improve the Guide for even greater benefit.
We are really excited about this new resource and pray it will serve you well. The Summit Crossing Genesis Guide is available to download now through the Apple iTunes App Store (iOS), Google Play Store (Android), Windows Phone and Amazon App Store. Click below to download!
The Creation Forum
On the evening of Sunday, October 23 we will be hosting an event called The Creation Forum for both of our church locations at the Madison building. This evening will be a deeper conversation around the creation account in Genesis 1-2, with multiple presenters helping us think through the implications of this first biblical narrative. Please save the date on your calendars and look for more information in the next few weeks.
We believe this study through Genesis will be catalytic in the life of Summit Crossing Community Church. Years from now we may look back and reflect on the many ways the Lord moved in and through our church as we examined the incredible promises of God together. Join me in praying for our time together in this great book.
* We recognize that everyone may not have a smartphone or compatible device. The discussion guides will continue to be made available online in PDF format and a limited supply will be printed and placed at the Resource Center on Sunday mornings. Use the link below to download a copy.
Categories: Sermon Series